Applying to Magnitude in Australia
Applications NOW OPEN and will close at 5pm on January 30, 2016.
Before applying for a Magnitude Foundation Scholarship, it is essential that you read and satisfy the eligibility criteria set out below. (Please note, the scholarship is not open to current students of UNSW).
In order to be eligible for a scholarship in Australia you must:
- be under 21 years of age (on 1 February 2016)
- be an Australian Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
- have completed the HSC (or interstate equivalent) or International Baclaureate
- have achieved a minimum ATAR of 95
- have applied to UNSW for an undergraduate degree commencing February 2016
- demonstate financial need through either:
- receipt of a Centrelink (or other Commonwealth) means-tested income support payment (such as Austudy, ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance etc), or
- by providing comprehensive information (supported by documentation) demonstrating exceptional financial hardship.
- be passionate about your chosen field
- have demonstrated voluntary service in some shape or form in your life
- aspire to using your education and the training we provide to deliver real benefits to humankind in your chosen field
- be available to attend an interview at UNSW in late February/early March 2016. A confirmation of this date will follow soon. (Note: any reasonable travel expenses required within New South Wales will be pre-agreed and covered by Magnitude)
Scholarship Award and Conditions
Successful applicants will be awarded scholarships to the cash value of AUD 10,000 per annum for the normal duration of the recipient’s (Scholar) undergraduate degree programme. Magnitude Foundation scholarships are provided to cover such costs as tuition fees, books, room and board, computers, health insurance, and other university-related expenses. They may also cover other enriching opportunities such as volunteering, internships, summer programmes, workshops, attending conferences and extra tuition.
An integral part of the Magnitude Foundation Scholarship is the provision of the following additional services to the Scholar:
- A mentor who is a leader in the relevant chosen field (a minimum of 1.5 hours, on average, per academic month)
- A leadership development programme (a minimum of 1.5 hours, on average, per month during the academic year)
- Opportunities for voluntary service in the Scholar’s chosen field of study (a minimum 40 hours per year)
The Magnitude Foundation award conditions include:
- Full time enrollment in a degree programme at UNSW (load of 18-24 units of credit per semester)
- Academic progression requirement: a minimum of a Credit Average (WAM of 65 or higher) for each academic year (however the Scholar will be supported through the Magnitude Foundation Programme to achieve higher averages)
- Participating in the Magnitude Foundation Programme as detailed above
Applying to Magnitude in Ireland
Applications for 2015 are now closed.