NEWS – MAGNITUDE ANNOUNCES LAUNCH IN AUSTRALIA
The Magnitude Foundation is expanding its scholarship programme to Australia. Partnering with UNSW Australia (The University of New South Wales), the Magnitude Foundation scholarship’s applications are NOW OPEN and will close at 5pm on January 30, 2016.
Candidates must have a minimum ATAR of 95 to apply for the Scholarship, and factors such as their voluntary service history and leadership experience and potential, along with their global outlook for contribution in their chosen field will be taken into account in deciding on the award. The winner of the Magnitude Foundation scholarship will be announced in March 2016.
First scholarship awarded in Ireland
The Magnitude Foundation is delighted to announce that it awarded its inaugural scholarship in Ireland in August 2015 after a rigorous selection process. The successful candidate, from County Mayo, impressed the selection panel with her strong academic results, her outstanding leadership initiatives and her drive and motivation to succeed in making a future impact in the world. She is now studying Business and Law at University College Dublin (UCD).
The Magnitude Scholarship
The Magnitude Foundation was established in 2013 with a view to supporting exceptionally promising young people who wish to undertake an undergraduate course of university education and who are capable of becoming leaders in their chosen fields.
As leaders in their chosen fields our graduates will be expected to then go on and make substantial contributions to humankind.
The Magnitude Programme is designed for those who need financial assistance to undertake a course at a leading university and includes:
- A financial scholarship of up to AU$10,000 per year to undertake an initial undergraduate course of study at a leading university and a leadership development programme;
- A personal mentor for each scholar;
- Voluntary service by scholars in their chosen fields.
What we expect from our scholars
When you receive a Magnitude Scholarship we expect you to:
- Achieve high academic results in your chosen course of study at university. Although you will need to do most of this on your own through dedication and hard work, we believe our mentoring programme will greatly assist you to achieve that end;
- Develop leadership skills through participation in our leadership programme, to increase your ability to make a material impact in your chosen field;
- Go on in your professional life, equipped with a quality education and with developed leadership qualities to identify and solve material issues and unanswered questions in your field, that will benefit mankind in a substantial way.
AUSTRALIA: Applications close at 5.00pm on January 30, 2016.
IRELAND: Applications are now closed